CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Training my mind

I need to train my mind to believe.

To believe that my body can go where I push it.
To believe that I can keep going even when it hurts
To believe that I can achieve what my coach tells me I can.

I've talked about this before, but I go through a period of self doubt each time I receive a race plan. This week is no different.

Its just a little 5K I tell myself. You ran that this morning after a hard bike without even blinking an eye. You've hit all of your track repeats below your target pace this Spring. You've been through this before . . . and, you always suprise yourself.

But still, I doubt. And this is where I still need to work.

To train my mind. To smile through it and go after it.

And Believe.

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Kick some butt tomorrow! You are ready! Keeping fingers and toes crossed for decent weather...

Kate said...

Good luck Bethany!!!!